it sounds old. i've never had an issue growing up & getting older, but 25 just sounds old to me. like i'm supposed to be more mature than i am, but at the same time it is still so young. it's crazy to think that i am 25.
25 is the age i thought i would be getting married at. not already being married. & i definitely didn't think i would have a kid by now! so i guess in some ways i am slightly grown up, but i still feel like the same old me i was when i had just barley turned 18. it's a tricky thing growing a year older.
i remember being with my siblings & their friends when they were 25 & thinking how old they seemed.. they seemed much more adult to me when they were 25 and i was 16 or 14. granted it's a huge age difference, but i just really don't think of myself as an adult..? maybe thats a bad thing. but it's the truth.
i used to think adults were people that were married & had kids & a house & had graduated & all these different things, but i've done pretty much all of those.. without the house.. & i do not feel very adult. it's just a strange thing!
anyways, in honor of my birthday, i thought i'd share 25 things ((you may or may not know)) about me
2. my first pet was two cats that i got for my 6 birthday names mittens & cinder.
3. i studied painting for a two years before completely changing my major.
4. i chipped my right front tooth trying to pull a needle through a canvas.
5. when i was in 5th grade i was out of town so often that my teacher let me create something similar to a scrapbook for credit, & gave me all of my tests to take on my trips.
6. i am terrified of ferris wheels. there just is no way in my mind that they are safe & stable.
7. i hated to read until i was 8 & got my first mary-kate & ashley mystery book. i have loved to read ever since.
8. ever since i was little i've always said "i'm going to the bathroom" just incase someone wonders where i went, & it's a habit i really can't break.
9. i love filling our surveys on pretty much anything.
10. i've worn an evil eye every day for the last seven years.
11. when i can't sleep i think of different outfits i can make out of my clothes.
12. i have been to 24 countries.
13. i have had the exact same friends since i was born & they're still my best friends.
14. every year i re-watch my so-called life.
15. i played tennis at least three days a week from 4-10 years old.
16. i really want to own a mini horse.
17. the first concert i went to was was brittney spears.
18. it takes a lot of work for me to become hyper.
19. i'm a collector of quotes. i write down anything or tape things from whatever in my journals to always have them.
20. when i had braces i got one of the brackets stuck to my knee in a game of crack the egg on the trampoline. it was a bummer to pull off.
21. learning is one of my favorite things to do.
22. i've had one reoccurring nightmare since i was 10 years old.
23. sarcasm is the sense of humor of my choice.
24. i laugh in most situations i shouldn't: serious conversations, sad conversations, when people cry in front of me, when there's an awkward tension... really, i just laugh all the time.
25. i haven't had an oreo shake since i was ten years old.